Tuesday, November 9, 2021
What is the biggest risk to the OES community? Is it cyber threats or the structure in place to enable security? Is it people, process or technology?
What are the fundemental building blocks to reduce this complexity? Is there a misunderstanding of cybersecurity in general and what it means to be cyber secure? On a daily basis does the OES community spend its majority of time reacting, hunting or preparing?
The world sees cybersecurity as a technology based threat and solution, just how wrong is this assumption?
- Making progress: Information and Intelligence, how do we determine what is actionable and what is noise?
- How are we operationalising intelligence? How are we developing processes to act upon intelligence? What structures are in place to support action?
- Do we have appropriate access to intelligence and or the information our systems are generating?
- How can we act upon intelligence appropriately- What do we do? Instead of being reactive, we need to slow down and develop processes, what are the availability of threat services?
- We are an industry not an island:
How can we develop trusted sources? Are we aware of the progress and value of tehcnologoy allicance partnerships? Understanding these partnerships help shorten the window of risk.
Developing quality actionable plans.