Best Practices for a Healthy Diet
Pre & Post-Transplant Nutrition & Diet Recommendations
Christine studied at the University of Dayton and received her Bachelor of Science in Dietetics, 4.0 GPA in major, 3.83 overall; graduated magna cum laude.
Christine currently is the Lead interactive Kidney Smart education classes with Chronic Kidney Disease patients. She educates patients on CKD basics, understanding their lab values, diet, medications, and provides an overview of kidney transplant and dialysis. She works with local nephrologists to encourage recommendations to the Kidney Smart Class and to develop marketing material and to schedule patients and tasks in Salesforce.
- Certified Renal Specialist (CSR) through CDR since 2005
- -selected to serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) since 2010; develop test questions and establish cut scores for exam
- Certificate in Training in Adult Weight Management (6/2007)
Current professional organization or academic societies membership(s):
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Renal Practice Group (RPG): contributed article to quarterly newsletter (2009)
- Maryland Council on Renal Nutrition (CRN)- Secretary 2019-present
Email: [email protected]