Software Defined Networking
Thursday, September 23, 2021
Concept to Commissioned - A UK NG Case Study Implementing an Innovative Networking Solution called SEL OT SDN (Physical and Virtual)
There are plethora of incredible cyber risk reducing innovative solutions being brought to market. This discussion will highlight the milestones required for an OT system owner and vendor to overcome in order to bring significant risk reducing solutions from innovation, to market, to implementation. Operational Technology Software Defined Networking (OT SDN) will be the backdrop to this story line between UK NG and SEL.
Topics to be discussed in order for innovation to be implemented:
- Innovation requires acceptance into standards and frameworks
- Standard and frameworks require acceptance into regulation
- Regulation is important for acquisition and to become added to specification and designs
- Timing and funding become involved to put innovation into new or legacy projects
- Innovation acceptance additionally involves training, education, experience, and cultural change
- Any innovation also requires careful consideration to not increase operational risk
All of the above compete with adversaries who use the time it take to move from innovation to implementation to find gaps and seams and weaknesses in these system before they are even deployed. This presentation will address ways to reduce the time between milestones to implement innovation faster and safer to ultimately reduce risk?