Monday, September 14, 2020
In this inspiring keynote, Amira El-Gawly, Founder + CEO of Manifesta, will offer a paradigm shift for startup leaders seeking to cultivate inspiring workplaces and beloved brands. Living and working through the COVID19 pandemic and racial inequality crises must provoke new ways of thinking and working together. Beyond the cold brew keg and ping pong table, Amira will guide you through the new value proposition for workplace culture. It’s high time we investigate ourselves, and align internal investment with ambitious growth goals.
- Learn how workplace culture expectations are changing
- Hear what it takes to build intentional employee experiences
- Discover new ideas for cultivating healthy people growth
Building a healthy startup culture is never easy, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. Too many leaders start businesses for the love of the work, but without an understanding of how to lead and manage people, let alone cultivate a positive, growth-oriented environment. In this speed storytelling session, seasoned HR execs who will share their own mistakes and aha moments so you can set yourself up for success.
- Hear real stories from successful HR leaders
- Plan your HR strategy from a position of strength
- Learn how to spot red flags on your team before they become existential crises
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
This year, the business community has been forced to confront the reality of inequity and injustice in the workplace. In this interactive conversation, you’ll hear from diversity, equity, and inclusion experts, creative entrepreneurs, and tech industry veterans to turn that national conversation into clear action. They’ll share their personal experiences of what works—and what doesn’t—so you can design a business model that makes space for all.
- Learn the difference between diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- See how to embed authenticity into your approach
- Hear from experts who have worked with leading tech companies like Google and Pinterest
An interactive presentation with case studies and audience participation, this presentation will keep people awake and thinking! Lizabeth will discuss where bottlenecks and process breakdown regularly happen for fast growing businesses, and then she will help attendees identify which of the 4 pillars of good internal communication systems they are struggling with - the What, Where, When and How of shared information.
Engaging in real-time discussions, Lizabeth will work through challenges with the audience and provide actionable steps that can be implemented to correct, or prevent, those problems in real time.
The attendees will leave this presentation understanding where to cut waste, prevent problems, and organize their business processes to save time and money.
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
The research is clear: According to Gallup, only one in 10 people possess the natural talent to manage. But managing others is something that almost every leader is expected to do. Join us for this interactive session to learn the ways you can better equip your managers to succeed in their roles, build engaged teams, and grow both high-performance and business impact.
- Learn the critical components and superpowers behind managing effectively
- Get your most pressing questions answered by a management-training expert
- Leave with a plan to better support your managers (and yourself)
Every startup leader wants to have a great culture; the challenge is how to make that happen. In this moderated panel, get real-time practical guidance from these people-loving startup leaders with reputations for building strong, healthy teams.
- Learn how to move from broad vision to individual accountability
- Get ideas for how to embed cultural strategy in your company’s daily operations
- Understand what it takes to align your team for high performance while remaining agile and flexible.
Thursday, September 17, 2020
The COVID-19 global pandemic forced most organizations to go remote with little notice. For some leaders, this was a real struggle, and they’re still unsure how to best incorporate remote work into their strategic business decisions going forward. For others, it’s a no-brainer… they’re not going back to the office for another year. Others are still undecided. What could fully remote, hybrid remote and remote-enabling startup cultures look like? Hear from startup leaders and HR practitioners with the experience making decisions about this timely topic, while designing critical policies and new team rituals.
The lines between personal life and professional life are blurring—this year more than most. Normalizing mental health and creating space for your employees to bring their whole selves to work is essential for today’s teams. This session will kick off with a meditation and then dive into tactical ways you can create and hold space, while increasing transparency, resilience, and happiness on your team.
- Hear how to manage your team during a crisis
- Learn how to empower mental health in a remote work environment
- Build new strategies to help your team flourish