Wednesday, December 9, 2020
The open source software community continuously supports and advances the adoption of CI/CD best practices and toolsets.
For example, the CD Foundation serves as a vendor-neutral home of many software projects within CI/CD space, such as:
1) Jenkins X, a Kubernetes-native continuous delivery solution for cloud applications. This project uses a completely new architecture and code base in comparison with the original Jenkins project.
2) Spinnaker, an open source, multi-cloud continuous delivery
3) The Tekton Pipelines project, which provides Kubernetes-style custom resources for declaring continuous integration and delivery pipelines. Spinnaker can use Tekton as its pipeline engine.
4) And more
What’s more is that the open source community is helping to define shared terminology, open standards, and abstractions for CI/CD to help enterprises increase performance and software delivery. These resources help to assist with interoperability between CI/CD components, and also promote innovation in the areas that can provide the most value to the business.
This talk outlines important initiatives taking place and ways to tap into community resources and get involved so we can all work together to accelerate CI/CD adoption around the world.
Attendees will learn:
- A brief overview of multiple open source projects and how the community is working toward interoperability between them to serve as a model for the future of software.
- Take a look at the goals of the open source community today and key initiatives such as CI/CD landscape, security, diversity and MPs.
- How to get involved in open source projects to drive forward the direction of CI/CD and make software delivery better for everyone.
Download these images to your phone and post using the Instagram app.