Saturday, February 13, 2021
This talk will show a few simple and easy to implement tips writing models in Scala. It will answer questions like:
* how can I compare entities from DDD if case classes always compare all fields?
* do I have to give up on non-flat models if my persistence implementation doesn’t like them?
* do I have to pollute my models with annotations and implicits used by e.g. JSON serialization libraries?
* if I want to use things like Scala newtype or Refined, do I really have to several imports in every file that uses them?
* if I am dedicated used o Cats who uses import cats.implicits._ everywhere, do I really have to import it in every single file?
* does it always have to be so painful to update nested immutable model or to transform one object into another?
Some programmers take these for granted, while a lot of them still struggle with writing repetitive or needlessly complex code. This talk will help you go from the later to the former.
Download these images to your phone and post using the Instagram app.