Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Integrate a holistic approach to chronic wound management
- Review the mechanism of action of negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT)
- Examine case outcomes for the use of NPWT across a variety of wound types
Supported by an educational grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division
Friday, November 12, 2021
The evolution of negative pressure wound therapy has provided clinicians with numerous options in the treatment of their patients. During this presentation, Dot Weir will review recent study data comparing the costs of traditional negative pressure wound therapy and share how she uses portable and disposable negative pressure in her practice.
- Review strategies and best practices for identifying potential barriers to healing and wounds that would benefit from negative pressure wound therapy
- Examine the clinical and economic data
- Explore case studies across a variety of wound types illustrating the use of negative pressure wound therapy
Located in the 3M booth
This activity is non-accredited
Removal of bacteria is a central tenet of wound hygiene, but how to ensure our efforts are most successful and tailored to the patient? This session will discuss:
1. How fluorescence imaging (MolecuLight i:X) for detection of elevated bacterial burden is used alongside various bacterial removal strategies to evaluate effectiveness at point-of-care and inform where to focus our efforts, and
2. Lessons learned from imaging on how to support more thorough wound hygiene, and why we need to be changing out our gauze!
Located in the MolecuLight booth.
This activity is non-accredited.
Download these images to your phone and post using the Instagram app.